Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thing # 18

You tube is something that I am very familiar with.  My boys love searching for cartoons and song videos on You Tube.  I have even used it when doing guidance lessons at school.  Once when I was doing a Moving on to Middle School lesson with 5th graders we explored you tube on how to open a locker combination.  It had step by step directions that the students could follow.  They could even go home and with parent permission view the video at home.  You tube has hundreds hundreds of how to videos.  The links to these videos can be shared with parents in teachers blogs so that they could see them at home.  However, videos MUST be viewed by teachers to make sure it is appropriate for their students.  I have never used teacher tube before.  This was a new experience for me.  I viewed a social skills video on teacher tube that would be appropriate for my elementary students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment