Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thing #21

Twitter was something I had heard a lot about but never explored. Honestly I probably would have never went there if it was not for this class. I have a facebook account and I also have a orkut account. Orkut is what I use to stay in touch with my friends and family from UK and India. However, noone I know has twitter. I went in and created an account. That part was very easy to do. It was very simple to search what you needed. I felt it was different from facebook and orkut. I really don't see myself using it very much. I am not much of a celebrity news follower and don't always keep up with current news. I do not want to be connected with many social networking sites because I have seen people addicted to them and I do not want to be one of them. I did some searches on school counseling and got lots of interesting things. However, just to see I did a search on divorce to see what it would bring up. I was seeing if I could help my counseling students who come talk to me because of divorced parents. However, I did not get anything that would be helpful for students. Now that I have an account set up I might go and explore more when I have time. Overall I am glad I learned about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment